Saturday, February 18, 2012

LIFE with Bob

LIFE Magazine has put out this special issue devoted to Bob Dylan. It has some fabulous never before seen (at least not to me) photos. When I saw it on the newsstand, I knew I had to buy it. The young girl at the check out took one look at the magazine, made a face, rolled her eyes and said, "I saw him in concert and I couldn't understand a WORD." Oh my. Now I have made a vow to NEVER bore people younger than myself with stories about how things were "when I was your age." So I smiled sweetly, paid my $12.99 and left.
It is true that sometimes Dylan does need sub-titles. But they are sub-titles well worth reading.

This is, of course, from D.A. Pennebaker's 1965 film, "Don't Look Back." 
Subterranean Homesick Blues.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bob Dylan, but it's true -- he does need subtitles in concert.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...