Monday, January 2, 2012

A Day At The Races

On Saturday mornings I wake up to watch the Food Network while I make breakfast. But this weekend, while I was channel surfing, I noticed an old film, a ballerina spinning around and around. Well of course, I HAD TO WATCH. It was The Marx Brothers' "A Day At The Races." Hmmmm... Normally I don't have a lot of patience for Marx Brothers movies...a little too silly. But this one! So glad I stuck around (sorry Laura Calder) because it just kept getting better and better. In addition to the spinning ballerina it had Chico doing his cool piano thing and Harpo turning a piano into a harp - genius - and Groucho dancing a happy little jig and some astoundingly adorable children and THIS: Whitey's Lindy Hoppers performing one of the MOST JOYOUS DANCE NUMBERS I'VE EVER SEEN!!! And, yes, I dig the clothes. What a great way to start the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...